I am sure that by now many of you have heard about the stressful situation that Elicio Ember, Second Life creator and owner of Cerridwen’s Cauldron finds himself in after his father suffered a stroke, if you are unaware of the situation then please read Elicio’s open letter.
Elicio and his sister are at this stressful time facing huge medical bills and to aid Elicio the Second Life community are arranging fundraisers as well as an event, Filling The Cauldron.
Filling The Cauldron will be held at Holly Kai Park in Second Life and will run from April 1st – 9th and the agenda as it stands is :
- Live music and DJ performances at the park’s main events venue
- An art display inspired by Elicio’s work
- An auction
- A special Design a Garden contest with a very special prize
- A photo contest with special prizes
- A market area
- Cerridwen’s Corner – a mini-store of Elicio’s creations, allowing you to buy his items and visit his main store.
There is still time for you to get involved in this event, applications are welcome.
At this moment in time applications are being sought for :
- Live performers and DJs willing to give an hour of their time to perform during the weekends of Saturday April 1st / Sunday April 2nd and Friday April 7th through Sunday April 9th – and perhaps in the week as well. If you are interested, please complete the Entertainment Applications form
- Artists wishing to participate in the Art Show
- People willing to donate to the Auction
- Creators willing to take part in the Marketplace
- Designers wishing to participate on the Filling the Cauldron Garden Design Contest
- Volunteers and helpers
Whereas the event starts on April 1st, due to the nature of organising events such as this, applications need to be in early. Most applications are due by March 22nd but if you do want to help out, it’s better to apply as soon as possible to help the organisers.
Donations, or purchases of Elicio’s goods, can be made at Elicio Ember’s inworld store of Cerridwen’s Cauldron, which is a wonderful location to visit anyway.
Alternatively you can donate via a GoFundMe page.
Elicio has himself been very involved in fundraising efforts in Second Life, notably with Fantasy Faire where he is a very keen participant and of course Fantasy Faire itself is a fundraiser for Relay for Life of Second Life on behalf of The American Cancer Society.
I wish Elicio, his family and most importantly his Father, all the very best and hope that everything turns out well at this very stressful time for Elicio and his family.
You can find more details about the event from Inara Pey : Filling the Cauldron in Second Life.
SLURL To Cerridwnen’s Cauldron : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cerridwens%20Cauldron/128/128/21
Filling The Cauldron Website : https://cauldronweb.wordpress.com/
GoFundMe Page : https://www.gofundme.com/Elicio