Blizzard, in their infinite wisdom, have decided to restrict people who buy the digital version of Diablo III from unlocking full game content for up to seventy two hours. Let’s just look at this again, someone buys the game and then can’t play the game properly. This is a shocking and appalling way of going about business.
Players are unable to get past Act 1 or level 13 until the account restrictions are lifted, these are unintended consequences of the account restrictions according to Rock, Paper, Shotgun. The intended consequences are:
- No public game access for unverified digital purchasers.
- No auction house access (real-money or gold) for unverified digital purchasers.
- Unverified digital purchasers cannot trade items or drop items for other players to receive.
- Unverified digital purchasers are not able to chat in any public or game channels.
- Unverified digital purchasers cannot attach a custom message to friend requests, but they can send/accept friend requests, and play with their friends.
- Global Play is not available for unverified digital purchasers.
Again let’s consider that this is for people who have purchased the game via digital download, not for people playing a demo of the game.